- Your right to know. The following Policy explains the types of personal information we may keep and how it is stored. However, should you have questions, you are welcome to contact us. (See contact information in the Policy.)
- Your right to delete. Should you purchase a product from us, we are required to keep basic information about the transaction. However, you may otherwise request at any time to have your contact information deleted and be removed from any customer list.
- Your right to opt-out of the sale of personal information. We do not sell your information to anyone, so you do not need to opt-out. The only third parties we share your information with are business partners or shippers who need the information to complete a purchase for you.
- Your right to non-discrimination for exercising any of the above rights. You will not be penalized in any way for exercising your rights regarding data privacy.
This Privacy and Security Statement describes the privacy practices of Big Onion Hospitality and other related Big Onion Hospitality companies (“Big Onion”, “our”, or “we”). It applies to our interactions with our customers and visitors, including, but not limited to:
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites
- Visits to our stores or attendance at one of our events
- Use of our applications for mobile phones, tablets or other smart devices
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third-party websites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
Information We Collect
We may collect the names and user names of our customers and other visitors. Additionally, we may collect your purchase history, billing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other digital contact information. We may also collect information that you provide us about others.
When you make a purchase we collect your payment information, including information from your credit or debit card, check, PayPal account or gift card.
We may collect information about products or services you like or reviews you submit. We might also collect information like your age or gender.
If you use our mobile websites or applications, we may collect location data obtained from your mobile device’s GPS. If you use our websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address.
If you use our websites, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might track the pages you visit, look at what website you came from, or what website you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using the tracking tools described here.
How Information is Collected
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- During website or survey registration
- If you use an online forum, submit a question or answer to our Product Q & A or provide us with comments or reviews
- If you upload a photo or other digital content through one of our websites or applications
- If you register for a warranty program
- If you participate in a sweepstakes or contest
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our websites
We Collect Information from you Passively
We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons.
We collect information from Affiliates of Big Onion
We may get information about you from a company under common control with, Big Onion (our “Affiliates”).
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for our business purposes, including: to respond to your questions and requests.
- Fulfilling orders or providing services
- Registering you for a particular website or extended warranty service or providing you with information regarding such services
- Responding to a product or service review
By submitting reviews and comments, you grant to Big Onion the right to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly display and create derivative works from your review and comments.
To Improve our Products and Services
The information you provide will be used to make improvements to our website, products and services.
To Look at Website Trends and Customer Interests
We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
For Security Purposes
We may use your information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites. For example, we might use cameras in our stores to track store traffic.
For our Marketing
In certain circumstances, we may send you communications about special Big Onion promotions or offers. For example, if you have registered on a website and indicated you want to receive this information or if you gave us your information in one of our stores. We may also notify you of new website features or product and service offerings. If permitted, we may also send information about offers from our Affiliates and other companies we think you might find interesting. By submitting reviews and comments, you grant to Big Onion the right to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly display and create derivative works from your review and comments. To manage our communications with you, follow the instructions in the Your Privacy Preferences section below.
To Communicate with you About your Account or our Relationship
SMS Terms & Conditions
Fatpour Tap Works- 833-659-2484
Hopsmith Tavern- 833-659-2485
Woodie’s Flat- 833-659-2486
CSK Chicago- 833-659-2488
End users will opt-in to receive recurring promotional offers via text message for participating restaurant.
Recurring messages, Message and Data Rates May Apply. Reply STOP to stop. Reply HELP for info or send us an email at info@BigOnionInc.com or call us at (312) 874-7400
For Other Uses We May Disclose to You
We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted, including: with third parties who perform services on our behalf. We share information with our service providers, such as our delivery service providers who ship and deliver your online orders. We might also authorize our service providers to collect information on our behalf. Some service providers may be located outside of the United States. We might also share information with the vendors and manufacturers of our products and services to respond to your reviews and questions.
With a Successor to All or Part of our Business
With any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if all or part of our business is sold we may sell our customer list as part of that transaction.
With our Business Partners
For example, we might share information with one of our Affiliates or a business partner who is running a joint promotion with us or who provides a product or service in partnership with us.
To Protect Us
For example, we will disclose information if we suspect fraud. We will also share information as part of an investigation or in response to a court order or subpoena.
At your Direction
For example, if you ask us to provide your information to a third-party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute.
Our Sites and Children
Our websites and mobile applications are not created for children. To our knowledge we do not collect information online from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please email info@BigOnionInc.com. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC’s website. You may also want to read the helpful information about children and privacy that the FTC provides by clicking here.
When you place orders on our websites, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
While we use industry standard means to protect our websites and your information, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. We cannot promise that your use of our websites or mobile applications will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. Online access to your personal information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not share your password.
Our websites contain links to third party websites. If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to websites we do not control. This Privacy and Security Statement does not apply to the information practices of those websites. You should read the privacy policies of other websites carefully. We are not responsible for third party websites.
If you have additional questions, you can call us at (312) 874-7400, or reach us by email at info@BigOnionInc.com or you can write to us at: 1307 N Clybourn Ave, Suite A, Chicago, IL 60610.